Only 30 minutes a day of brisk walking will drastically improve your health, spur a weight loss and help prevent high blood pressure, diabetes and cardiovascular diseases. It is an easy exercise that still requires a certain technique to burn the fat. Good posture here is a must:
- Look straight ahead of your walking path.
- Relax your neck, shoulders and back.
- Bend your elbows and gently swing your arms.
- Straighten your back and tighten your stomach.
- Your heel first touches the ground and then your toes.
Wear comfortable shoes.
Take it easy first 10 minutes and warm up your muscles.
When it comes to weight loss, how fast and far depend on your targets.
Moderate 1.6 km walk burns 100kcal. To increase the burn rate, speed up your walk.
After your brisk walk, slow down and stroll for 10 minutes until your heart rate comes down, then stretch for awhile.